Amazon Pay is a digital payment option that offers a hassle-free way to purchase products on the Amazon marketplace using EMI. It’s a one-time process that takes a few minutes and does not require you to add your credit card information.
It is a virtual line of credit that Amazon offers to eligible customers to purchase products from a wide range of categories, including electronics, fashion, groceries and daily essentials. In addition to shopping, customers can also use the Amazon Pay Later option to pay for bills.
A major benefit of using Amazon Pay Later is that customers can pay for their orders in the subsequent month, and that too without any additional charges. However, people who opt for EMIs up to 12 months will have to pay nominal interest rates.
“Amazon Pay Later is a unique service that will help customers expand their access to credit and experience the most convenient option of making payments.”, says Mahendra Nerurkar, CEO, Amazon Pay India.
What Are The Benefits Of Amazon Pay Later?
Apart from convenience, Amazon Pay Later offers a lot of benefits, including:
- Using Amazon Pay Later is a fast and efficient way to pay for your orders on EMIs.
- No need to enter your credit card details or fill out unnecessary forms.
- Get instant approval or rejection of your credit limit by the lender.
- Amazon Pay Later can be used by anyone, even if they do not have an existing credit history.
- As Amazon Pay Later doesn’t require a credit card, even people from informal sectors can use this financing option to purchase products.
- No processing or cancellation fee.
- Amazon Pay Later does not have any pre-closure charges.
- Customers can easily keep track of their expenses and repayments on the EMI-specific dashboard.
Eligibility Criteria To Avail Amazon Pay Later
Here are the requirements to avail Amazon Pay Later:
- You must have an account on Amazon.
- Your Amazon account must be connected to a verified mobile number, a valid permanent account number (PAN) card, bank account with one of the selected banks, and one of the officially valid document as address proof – Driving license, Voter ID card, Aadhaar, Utility Bills (not older than 60 days), Passport.
- Your age must be 23 years or more.
The lending partner will analyse a few more factors, like your credit bureau history and information already available with Amazon to determine your lending limit.
Note: Amazon Pay Later is currently available to a limited number of customers.
How To Register For Amazon Pay Later?
Amazon Pay Later registration is only available on mobile devices. Open the Amazon app and follow the instructions on your screen to register for Amazon Pay Later.
Make sure you have your PAN number with you as it is required to complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. Without the PAN number, you won’t be able to avail Amazon Pay Later.
Amazon Pay Later is a seamless way to pay for your orders and also set up auto-repayment of your monthly bills and EMI. Customers who repay their outstanding amount in one go don’t have to pay any additional charges. Right now, this digital payment option is only available to a limited number of customers, but Amazon is working towards expanding its accessibility to more users.